Laboratory Supervisor - Signing Bonus!
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Signing Bonus DOE!The Everett Clinic, part of Optum is now
offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as a
Medical Lab Supervisor. Our company values innovative problem
solvers promote personal and professional growth and provides a
supportive working environment that affords all of its employees a
healthy work/life balance.Under minimal supervision, The Medical
Lab Supervisor supervises the activities of the Clinical laboratory
and ensures its smooth and efficient functioning, which also
includes being accountable for day to day patient testing
activities within the laboratory. Establishes short range plans for
the department in alignment with Laboratory Services goals and
clinic wide goals and objectives within the scope of the clinic
policy and common goals referring to senior management on matters
requiring clarification, interpretation or exception.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment.Supervisor Duties
- Provide day to day supervision of the Clinical Lab staff, with
evaluation of work performed, as well as handling procedural
problems, quality concerns, and customer service
- Direct work of staff, including supervision, hiring, and
terminations; determine staffing needs, and ensure efficient
utilization of staff.
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations of Clinical
- Schedule or perform orientation and/or training of staff as
- Responsible for scheduling; including timecard and PTO
management in Kronos, and assure appropriate staffing coverage
during week days, weekends and holidays.
- Develops, recommends and administers departmental policies and
procedures consistent with the provision of high quality clinical
- Compiles monthly statistics and maintains related records.
- Communicate new ideas to Laboratory Director to improve
productivity, service, quality, policies and procedures, cost
savings and utilization of company resources.Technical Operations
- Provide day to day supervision of all Clinical Lab testing,
both moderate and high complexity testing, with evaluation of work
performed, as well as handling procedural and technical laboratory
- Evaluate the competency of all testing personnel, provide
feedback and training, to assure that the staff maintains their
competency to perform test procedures and report test results
promptly, accurately, and proficiently.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with federal regulations
with subsequent preparation, recording and maintenance of
applicable records; including maintaining College of American
Pathologist (CAP) accreditation with updated Procedures and
- Implement changes recommended by Clinical and Laboratory
Standards Institute (CLSI).
- Develop and implement quality control programs to ensure
reliability of testing procedures.
- Review and interprets quality control results, and retest out
of range values to resolve the inaccuracies.
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all
corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly
- Makes recommendations for new testing and/or automation testing
as needed; which include evaluation and validation of the new
- Responsible for purchasing and inventory of departmental
supplies; including Maintains equipment in working order.Duties
listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work
environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily
performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting
themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner
toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving
instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without
exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities
requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or
speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to
feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the
Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve
operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as
complete routine tasks independently.
- Completes annual compliance training on
Statement and signs Agreements.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA
guidelines and TEC policies.
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and
as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety
& Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal
- Has regular and predictable attendance.PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Note that these
requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the
knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this
job.Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of lab tests and
testing principles. Considerable knowledge of clinical laboratory
procedures and policies. Considerable knowledge of CAP standards.
Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles. Knowledge of
laboratory equipment, instrumentation, and terminology.Education:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related
field.Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in a clinical lab
environment performing moderate and high complexity medical
laboratory testing; minimum 2 years' experience
managing/supervising a team.Certificate/License: Medical
Technologist (MT) American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) National Credentialing Agency
for Laboratory Personnel (NCA).Careers with Optum. Here's the idea.
We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of
the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has
to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means
working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges
that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible
company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
(SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its
affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Everett , Laboratory Supervisor - Signing Bonus!, Healthcare , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!