Resident Care Manager/RN
Company: Avamere Family of Companies
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our 5 Star Team and #workwithpurpose
Resident Care Manager/RN
Schedule: Monday - Friday, on-call weekend rotation
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Avamere Olympic Rehab - 1000 S 5th Avenue Sequim, WA
At Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance
the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a
place where our team members build lasting relationships with
patients and residents, their families, and fellow team
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe.
Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services,
financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary
dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the
day-to-day nursing activities of the facility.
- Participate in the development of a written plan of care for
each resident and review resident's medical and nursing treatments
to ensure they are in accordance with the resident's care plan and
- Complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS,
including the implementation of CAA's and Triggers.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel are
performing their work assignments.
- Review nurses' notes to ensure that they are informative and
descriptive of the nursing care being provided and the resident's
response to care and wishes.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility
personnel to ensure that the needs of the resident are met.
- Participate in reviews of the discharge plans and prepare
reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Delegate, train, evaluate and support RN, LPN and CNA
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and fill in as
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government
- Make recommendations for new or changes in procedures,
policies, methods, education, reference material and general
nursing practices to ensure the highest level of quality patient
care is given.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you
abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide
leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience,
enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures,
as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in
accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Avamere Olympic Rehabilitation of Sequim has served the Sequim
community for over 40 years. This inviting 102-bed skilled nursing
community truly values people - their patients and residents, their
family members, and employees.
The team prides themselves in a vibrant and connected employee
network. One employee of 20 years shared his primary reasons for
staying with Avamere were his ability to grow, feeling appreciated,
and being part of something bigger than himself.
Among many engaging staff activities, leaders select an employee of
the month, recognizing them for their outstanding work and
encouraging team members to share their appreciation for one
another. Leaders and employees also openly discuss burnout while
encouraging deserved paid time off, especially when it comes to
family needs. This family-friendly atmosphere spreads through the
building, as visitors can often hear laughter echoing throughout
The employees truly embody their mission to enhance the life of
every person they serve. From playing joyful music on a ukulele to
spending one-on-one time with residents to planning special
activities and more, the employees wholeheartedly care for patients
and residents as their own family. This is evident in their
recognition as part of the National Health Care Association's
Quality Initiative Recognition Program .
Avamere Olympic Rehabilitation of Sequim's engaging employee
culture fosters trust and fun through their team, with patients and
residents, and those just stopping by for a visit. Get to know more
about Avamere Olympic Rehabilitation of Sequim on their blog and on
Keywords: Avamere Family of Companies, Everett , Resident Care Manager/RN, Healthcare , Sequim, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!