Front Street Clinic Therapist
Company: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA
Location: Port Angeles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Provides clinical treatment services to adults in a small mental
health practice setting, including clinical assessments,
psychotherapy, and family therapy. Manage a caseload of adult
clients, consult with an interdisciplinary team, and provide
services which promote recovery, growth and whole-person well-being
in accordance with private insurance and Medicare funding
requirements. SIGNING BONUS: $5,000 (offered to external
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides intake assessments including psychosocial histories,
identification of co-occurring disorders, history of treatment,
identification of strengths and supports, risk assessment, and
- Develops individualized treatment plans with documentation of
problems, needs, desired outcomes, and therapeutic goals which are
measurable, observable, and realistically achievable.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy as appropriate for
caseload, implements evidence-based practices as clinically
- Participates in case consultation with other staff as
- Participates in client-centered care coordination with internal
and external partners as needed, including primary care
- Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in
accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2), the Revised
Code of Washington (RCW 71.05.390 and RCW 71.24), and other
applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff
- Maintains physical security of confidential materials and
assigned Agency property.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs relevant clinical and administrative tasks according
to agency policies.
- Participates in team meetings and program development.
- Provides information and education to community members.
- Maintains high standards of professional conduct in interaction
with clients, staff, and other community members.
- Maintains professional competency through a program of
professional development, clinical supervision, peer consultation
and in-service training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing work
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards necessary for
effective client care.
- Maintains accurate, timely chart information in compliance with
State, funding source, and agency quality assurance
- Meets agency productivity expectations of 55%
- Coordinates and prioritizes work assignments so that tasks are
completed on time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE(S), CERTIFICATION, AND
EXPERIENCE:Education: Masters degree in counseling, social work or
related field.Experience: 2 years post-graduate counseling
experience working with adults with mental illness.Licensure:
Licensed in Washington state (or eligible within one month of hire)
as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed
Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Marriage and Family
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:Essential:
- Knowledge of the classification of mental disorders contained
in the current DSM.
- Ability to educate clients about signs, symptoms, and recovery
from mental illness.
- Awareness of the impact of trauma on human development and
- Acquaintance with treatment methods used with victims of
- Knowledge of family systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Capability to use sound judgment in problem solving and
- Basic knowledge of psychotropic medications and side
- Practice of respectful communication with clients to enhance
rapport and positive outcomes.
NATURE AND SCOPE:Physical Demands:
- Moderate physical effort occasionally lifting up to ten
- Must be able to tolerate working in an office setting for the
required number of hours in a work day.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to enter data into a computerized electronic
- Ability to effectively apply counseling theories and skills
within a clinical environment.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Occasionally exposed to patients exhibiting assaultive
- Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated office.
- Frequent pressure due to schedule demands
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Will be required to work two Saturday morning and four evening
shifts per month.
- Working collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff.
- Working collaboratively with clients, family members, and other
- Ensuring compliance with agency and funding standards for
documentation and delivery of services.
Keywords: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA, Everett , Front Street Clinic Therapist, Healthcare , Port Angeles, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!