Housing Stability Case Manager
Company: Cocoon House
Posted on: February 9, 2024
At Cocoon House, we empower young people, families, and
communities in Snohomish County to break the cycle of homelessness
through outreach, housing, and prevention. The Snohomish Young
Adult Housing (SYAH) program provides a minimum of 17 rapid
rehousing units to unhoused young adults ages 18-24. Participants
have the option to move into an agency-held transitional housing
unit while engaged in a housing search with the Housing Stability
Case Manager, though it is not a requirement. Once a housing unit
is secured, the program covers rent initially and gradually
decreases our portion as the participant increases their income and
stability and pays a higher portion of their rent. Throughout the
program, program staff and participants work together on short- and
long-term employment and education goals, with the ultimate goal of
housing stability at program exit.The Housing Stability Case
Manager works one-on-one with 12-15 young adults in order to
support them through the different stages of this program. This
position builds rapport with participants and local
landlords/property managers to support the housing and lease-up
process, ensuring housing meets all applicable program standards.
The Housing Stability Case Manager then continues to support
participants in the logistical and practical aspects of renting and
maintaining an apartment and helping to secure pathways to
long-term financial, medical, legal, and emotional stability.
Cocoon House is committed to continually growing in our equity,
diversity, and inclusion journey, and candidates with lived
experience or who identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ are strongly
encouraged to apply! We will also provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified persons with disabilities upon request. Housing
Stability Case Manager Duties & ResponsibilitiesFull-Time:
Monday-Friday On-site & Throughout North Snohomish CountyWage:
$20-22/hr +$1.50/hr pay differential for multi-lingual skills
- Establish and maintain a safe, welcoming environment for
transitional housing participants.
- Support program participants in the housing search process,
including completing pre-leasing inspections and certifications as
required by program policy.
- Assist participants in creating and working toward a goal plan,
with emphasis on long-term stability.
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the SYAH team
to support program participants' housing stability.
- Find and connect participants to needed support services in
Snohomish County to facilitate long-term stabilization, ensuring
participants are able to maintain housing stability independent of
Cocoon House staff support. Provide mobile case management as
appropriate to support connection to needed services.
- Facilitate payments to landlords for program participants'
apartments according to the graduated rent subsidy model.
- Maintain accurate client records in Cocoon House's Caseworthy
database with timely data entry. Uphold confidentiality in all
- Collaborate with Peer Leader and Program Manager to create
programs that are truly driven by and focused on clients.
- Attend meetings as required at program, agency, and community
- Approach work with program participants with a harm reduction
and trauma-informed lens. Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health options with employer
- 403(b) retirement plan with agency match
- 21 days PTO accrual in first year
- 10 agency-recognized holidays
- Paid training & testing: CPR/first aid, food handler's permit,
blood borne pathogens, abuse awareness, TB testing, and additional
in-depth practical trainings Qualifications:
- One year of experience working with young adults experiencing
homelessness or similar populations
- Dedication to advocating for and working with individuals
experiencing homelessness and instability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet client needs, including
working the occasional weekend or evening
- Open commitment to serving, supporting, accepting and
collaborating with individuals of all races, ages, genders,
backgrounds, political opinions and beliefs, sexual orientations,
criminal histories, citizenship or marital statuses and religious
beliefs. Special consideration given to applicants with a
demonstrated history of supporting and advocating for the LGBTQ
community, women, people of color, immigrants or other historically
marginalized or persecuted groups.
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Eligible for +$1.50/hr pay
differential).General Minimum Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to clear a background check through the Department of
Children, Youth and Families.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver's license,
insurance, and reliable transportation.Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor
stairwells in case of youth emergency.
- Lifting: occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and
material weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicate effectively with youth, staff, other programs,
vendors and the public, both orally and in writing.
- Hear voice conversations and alarms.
- Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth
perception, visual ability to read a variety of materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate
telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate
youth files and logs.Compensation details: 20-22 Hourly Wage
Keywords: Cocoon House, Everett , Housing Stability Case Manager, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!