Youth Case Manager
Company: Cocoon House
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: At Cocoon House we empower young people, families,
and communities in Snohomish County to break the cycle of
homelessness through outreach, housing, and prevention. Currently
the Youth Case Manager works to ensure that youth are setting and
maintaining progress toward goals in various domains including
basic needs, life skills, education, employment, health, mental
health, and substance use. Our Youth Case Manager....
- Ensures safety of youth by assessing emergency situations,
de-escalating situations, and seeking proper support.
- Ability to communicate critical information in person, on the
phone, or in writing. Must be able to assess resources for
dangerous situations and access emergency services.
- Follows mandated reporter requirements by documenting incidents
and calling CPS appropriately
- Maintains a cooperative environment free of discrimination,
retaliation and harassment.
- Ensures that residents are following guidelines of
- Provides services and support during their stay.
- Relates with youth and staff with a positive and collaborative
- Maintains and demonstrates healthy boundaries with youth. What
does a shift look like? Full-Time, 40 hours
- Develop realistic long-term or transitional housing plans with
residents when required.
- Make appropriate referrals for medical, dental, mental health,
and chemical dependency needs.
- Meet weekly with the residents assigned to caseload.
- Maintain all necessary logs and paperwork regarding client
files with accurate data and ensuring pertinent information is
communicated on appropriate forms, logs, and calendars.
- Weekly Comprehensive Case Plan meetings with Clinical
Supervisor and Site Supervisor when required
- Maintain individual and common files.
- Communicate directly with other providers to assure youth are
following through with their commitments and developing community
- Attend community meetings and ability to direct wrap-around
meetings with staff and youth.
- Communicate with staff regarding youth needs and case plan
- Understand all contracts that effect residents such as RSLP and
- Ensure that residents are following guidelines of program.
Provide services and support during their stay.
- Meet weekly with the residents assigned to caseload. Pay Scale:
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified
persons with disabilities upon request. Candidates with lived
experience, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 months working with youth or similar populations
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Clear a background check with DCYF.
- Possess a valid Washington State driver's license, insurance
and reliable transportation. Physical:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all internal and
- Be able to hear voices and alarms.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of materials
- Ability to operate phone, computer, and record information for
files and logs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel for various distances through urban or rural
environments in various weather conditions
- Must have ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor
stairwells in case of youth emergency.
- Go up and down stairs PI202057895
Keywords: Cocoon House, Everett , Youth Case Manager, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!