Dining Services Manager $2500.00 Sign On Bonus
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Grow your culinary -career with Brookdale!
$2500.00 Sign On Bonus!
Lovely Retirement -community setting with no late nights!
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for
Hourly Associates (outside of CA) -
Make Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to work in an
environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
- You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to
grow your career through professional development, as well as
ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness. -
-Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement
plans are available and vary by employment status. - Additional
benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. -Please note, Brookdale
is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Plans, manages, and coordinates activities of the dining services
department at one or more locations, and provides food services for
residents and employees.
- Develops standards for organization and supervision of dining
- Maintains quality dining services within the prescribed
- Determines quality and quantity of food required; plans menus
and controls food costs; may be scheduled to prepare
- Oversees the food preparation and cooking, to ensure meals are
prepared per company procedures.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving
areas to determine that regulations governing food safety and
sanitation are followed.
- Prepares cleaning schedule, production worksheet and staff
- Maintains inventory of food and nonfood items.
- Selects, orients, and trains new employees in department;
effectively delegates authority to dining services staff to ensure
effective flow of materials and services.
- Develops and directs cost control system; prepares and submits
department budget to director.
- Provides nutrition education and counseling for residents;
presents dining services education program to dining services and
other staff as needed.
- Ensures safe work procedures are developed and followed, to
include those relating to employee injuries, prevention, and
- Ensures a continuous quality improvement program is in place
and appropriate follow-up occurs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and ExperienceHigh school diploma or general education
degree (GED) required. Two to four years experience in commercial
kitchen, operation and line cooking, and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsCurrent
ServSafe Certification required. State food service certification
required, if applicable. ACF Certified Sous Chef (CSC)
Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based
on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of
Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization
and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional
discipline. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Basic
typing skills are essential. A thorough knowledge of food safety
and sanitation, culinary nutrition, and supervisory management is
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Salary Range Information$24.49 - $30.61 / hour
Keywords: Brookdale, Everett , Dining Services Manager $2500.00 Sign On Bonus, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!