Director of Maintenance & Engineering
Company: Kelly Services Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Director of Engineering
and Maintenance to work with a food manufacturer in Everrett, WA.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity! If interested please hit the
apply button or send an updated resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with BH8599097 in the subject
line. Job Title: Director of Engineering and Maintenance
Location: Everett, WA
Position Type: Fulltime
- JOB SUMMARY The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is
responsible for providing the technical expertise and technical
leadership to deliver results for the Everett, WA plant and the
Engineering function across the company. The leader is responsible
for and provides direction and accountability for the leaders and
functions of Maintenance, projects (capital and expense), MRO,
facilities, and utilities functions. This person will provide
critical leadership for major capital projects and maintenance
excellence and ensure plant safety, operations, and quality and
support members have solutions needed to drive safety, quality and
performance plans. Key indicators include safety incidents, quality
non-conformance, yield, and machine uptime, as well as labor
cost/lb and maintenance cost/lb. --- This role reports directly to
the VP of Operations and interacts frequently with peers and other
technical leaders. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Leadership
- Development of site strategic plan for technical staffing,
capital investment, general competencies, and system/technology
- Coaching, mentoring, and development of plant technical
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with staff
peers to meet needs of the business.
- Accountability for management of external technical
relationships with A/E firms, contractors, suppliers, and equipment
- Provide technical leadership and site compliance with USDA,
FDA, EPA and OSHA requirements in concert with designated
- Provide input and leadership to achieve optimization of assets
as well as lead safety initiatives in technical areas
- Champion or support design, improvements, and systems to
support safety excellence.
- Develop and hold appropriate team members accountable for
budgets for Maintenance, Support, ancillary functions, and capital
projects to meet the needs of the business (operational, strategic,
- Provide overviews and updates to Leadership team on projects
and maintenance excellence growth Maintenance & Reliability
- Coach and develop Maintenance and Facilities Manager to reduce
and eliminate downtime and losses.
- Provide strategy and support for maintenance programs,
development of tools and resources, personnel selection, training,
- Ensure the proper selection, training, development, and
motivation of leaders to maximize current and future
- Lead and support plant continuous improvement initiatives
- Contribute as an integral part of a senior plant leadership
team to drive the plant strategy and culture
- Provide engineering professional and technical support for the
company. Responsible for engineering, maintenance, facilities,
grounds, continuous improvement support and capital project
management. Provide technical leadership and guidance to the
Leadership team. Facilitate teams and projects in their mission to
drive equipment reliability. Oversee preparation of equipment
specifications, layouts, and direct the installation of capital
equipment. Develop and manage the Capital Expenditure Plan.
Interface with Department Managers to drive improvements in the
operation of key production equipment. Identify and execute
continuous improvement projects that deliver significant annual
savings in direct labor, energy, and material waste.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and employee development
opportunities to direct reports. Capital Planning & Execution
- Develop short- term and long-range capital investment plans for
facility and be accountable for the planning and execution of all
- Responsible for the capital investment process for the site
(e.g. develop and uphold technical standards, project leadership
and management, capital approval oversight, ROI, CQV, etc.).
- Lead project scope development and engage all stakeholders in
scope, expectations, and execution planning. Vertical Start
Up/Continuous Improvement/Zero Loss Culture
- Develop and support strategies that integrate Vertical Start Up
(VSU), CQV, Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss Culture
methodologies into the Master Plan
- Provide site leadership for technical solutions to operational
problems including systems optimization, debottlenecking, and
- Accountable for the strategy, design and implementation of
control systems and manufacturing information systems. Work with IT
leadership in these integrated efforts. AS A LEADER WITHIN THE
COMPANY TEAM YOU ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Model and support our Core Values and safety culture
- Manage performance of all team members
- Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team
- Develop individual team members & their careers
- Create a culture of accountability & performance
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances
- Bi-lingual is preferred (English and Spanish) SUPERVISORY
- Responsible for the work and results of employees within area
of responsibility, influences others within organization.
- Direct reports include maintenance manager, maintenance
planner, facilities leader, and project engineer / leader. SKILL
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, chemical, or electrical
engineering or similar field required.
- Requires 7-10 years of experience; to include at least five
years of experience in increasingly complex industrial supervisory
positions utilizing a combination of technical, managerial, and
- Knowledge in facilities to include wastewater, energy use,
boilers, and HVAC systems.
- Strong knowledge of food manufacturing including Health and
Safety, OSHA, USDA, FDA and EPA regulations relative to plant
operation and maintenance. WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Director Engineering and Maintenance
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is in a variety of climates, both temperature controlled
(-20 to 80 degrees) and uncontrolled
- Work requires frequent physical exertion including some lifting
of objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires a high degree of
mental concentration required to prioritize and effectively execute
extremely complex tasks. You should know: Your safety matters!
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in
compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly
recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the
interview process. Why Kelly - Engineering? Your engineering skills
are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly
Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the
world's most critical challenges. We connect you with leading
organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects,
work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth.
Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term
projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we're here to
guide you to the next step in your engineering career. About Kelly
- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?).
Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best,
and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles,
skill levels, and industries around the world.Kelly Services is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels
and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety
of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly,
we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we
can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application
process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge
Center.Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state
and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar
individuals from employment.
Keywords: Kelly Services Inc., Everett , Director of Maintenance & Engineering, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!