Youth Housing Program Manager
Company: Cocoon House
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Cocoon House we empower young people, families, and communities
in Snohomish County to break the cycle of homelessness through
outreach, housing, and prevention. Currently, our Youth Housing
program is looking for people to fill the important role of the
Transitions Program Manager. This position oversees the Cocoon
Transitional Living Program, a program that provides housing for up
to 20 teens and young people. You will get the opportunity to
support and supervise staff, oversee the intakes and exits of
youth, help ensure case plans are supportive and youth focus, help
make sure data is collected and input on time and make sure the
program is in compliance with licensing and contract requirements.
Our Transitions Program Manager....
- Coordinate with Director and state social workers to facilitate
entrances of new residents. Assure appropriate use of beds and
- Oversee initial intake and assessment of all youth and the
development of individual goal plans.
- Assure access to education and other opportunities for
- Provide feedback concerning policy, procedures and
- Ensure facility is in compliance with licensing and grant
standards, including regarding program logs, youth files,
medication audits, and other licensing files.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support Youth Housing
programs and cover After-Hours Supervisor vacancies as needed.
- Follow mandated reporter requirements by documenting incidents
and calling CPS. Follow-up on CPS and non-CPS incidents.
- Be available to staff for emergency consultation. Assess
dangerous or emergency situations. Respond appropriately. What does
a shift look like? Full-Time
- Monitor staff follow-through on tasks, policies and procedures.
Provide supportive leadership to staff. Conduct employee
performance reviews at least once yearly. Complete necessary
- Screen, interview, hire, train and supervise Transitions
- Coordinate with Housing Program Managers and the Director of
Youth Housing to provide consistent support among housing
- Oversee proper collection of data and compliance on contracts
and licensing; generate reports.
- Support Cocoon House's commitment to create a culture of
equity, diversity and inclusion and maintain a high level of
commitment to ensuring racial equity in the program.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, shift coverage, and reporting
facility and maintenance needs. Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health options with employer
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 21 days of PTO accrued in first year
- 10 agency-recognized holidays
- Paid training & testing: CPR/first aid, food handler's permit,
blood borne pathogens, abuse awareness, TB testing, and additional
in-depth practical trainings Pay Scale: $54,000-$62,000 DOE
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified
persons with disabilities upon request. Candidates with lived
experience, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree AND 2 years of fulltime
experience working with youth, or 5 years of fulltime experience
working with youth.
- At least 1 year of management experience, leading and
supervising a team.
- DSHS background clearance
- Acceptable driver's abstract with no more than 2 violations
within last 3 years
- Possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and reliable
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) Physical:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all internal and
- Be able to hear voices and alarms.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of materials
- Ability to operate phone, computer, and record information for
files and logs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor
stairwells in case of youth emergency.
- Go up and down stairs PI196973288
Keywords: Cocoon House, Everett , Youth Housing Program Manager, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!