Manager, Strategic Development
Posted on: September 22, 2022
You will be a strategic partner to the Vice President of Strategic
Development, who directly reports into SVP, Strategy. This role
will support Fortive's global M&A efforts across Fortive's
three business segments, including driving evaluation of new
markets and business models, conducting commercial due diligence,
and collaborating with teams of subject matter authorities and
operating company leaders in developing and communicating a point
of view on acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities,
as well as driving continuous improvement of Fortive's strategic
This is a highly visible role, interacting frequently with the
C-suite and operating company leaders, and often representing
Fortive with external audiences and prospective targets and
partners. The Strategic Development team at Fortive works in close
partnership with The Corporate Development team and other
functional teams to accelerate our strategy!
- Lead the identification, prioritization and completion of
thorough evaluations of markets of potential interest to Fortive
and its operating companies.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to help identify and
prioritize opportunities that accelerate our strategy, including
thorough tracking of public companies, cultivating relevant
companies and experts, and interaction with investment bankers and
other sources of opportunities in coordination with the Corporate
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate, conduct due diligence, and
continuously deepen our understanding of key players in markets of
prospective strategic interest.
- Form independent points of view on the risks and opportunities
associated with markets and potential targets.
- Ensure hand-off and support of internal deal sponsors of
completed deals, with respect to strategy and commercial
- Drive continuous improvement of our strategy, market work and
due diligence efforts through use of the "Fortive Business
Professional background & attributes:
- 3-5 years of strategy experience within a best-in-class
management consulting firm.
- BS or BA plus an MBA, JD or other professional degree from
elite institutions is a plus
- Experience leading or supporting M&A transactions and/or
- Intellectual curiosity, evidenced by work experience in a
second subject area, an advanced technical degree, or other
- Domain expertise in software, digital business models, SaaS,
the IoT, and/or regulated industries is a strong plus.
- Strong quantitative, financial, and analytical skills: ability
to build, critique and refine voice-of customer research and
financial models quickly and accurately - be the expert on the
details/numbers and change "altitude" thoughtfully (i.e., go from
details to big picture and back).
Characteristics & traits:
- Energized by being a key contributor on a hardworking
- Strong listening and communication skills-including a
willingness to listen and understand questions; ability to distill
complex concepts for a lay audience.
- Presence and ability to lead when challenged or in adversarial
situations (e.g., negotiations) and in the face of
- Ability to quickly earn credibility and trust in highly
confidential and high-stakes situations
- Steadfast ethics and integrity
- Balance - clear ability to see pros and cons, bull/bear
considerations, evaluate risks and avoid groupthink.
- Humility and collaboration; ability to take feedback and
coaching and adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to work in both tactical and strategic realms,
assessing and communicating commercial risk and opportunities,
financial concepts and legal issues.
- Ability to prioritize on a real time basis; unflappable,
poised, ability to handle conflict.
- Sound judgment - can identify and assess risks and
uncertainties in a due diligence context; ability to recommend
accepting known risks
- Strong personal organization and prioritization skills - can
run large, sophisticated projects from inception to conclusion,
involving diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to "go to Gemba" (i.e., where the work is done) -
traveling to engage target management and drive effectiveness of
internal teams face-to-face, when and where improve
- "Shareholder value" focus - understanding and acceptance of
linkage between personal success and corporate value creation
through effective capital deployment and excellent execution.
#LI-RemoteFortive's essential technology makes the world stronger,
safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad
range of applications including environmental, health and safety
compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation
product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup
spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in
software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence,
AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We're a
force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to
solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the
most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive
culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the
proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential-your
ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people
working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We're honest about what's working
and what isn't, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at
careers.fortive.com. We Are an Equal Opportunity EmployerFortive
Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal
opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit
applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and
all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human
Resources representative to request an accommodation.
Keywords: Fortive, Everett , Manager, Strategic Development, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!