Operations Manager MOD/Repair
Company: TK Elevator
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an Operations Manager -
Repair/Modernization in Everett, WA.
Responsible for successfully managing all Repair and modernization
operations processes, employees and projects to ensure that the
department functions profitably and exceeds the annual budgetary
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Supervises all repair and modernization superintendents and
employees by providing direction and training, and communicating
company policies, procedures and objectives. Includes hiring,
supervising performance management, and administering progressive
* Administers company safety program. Includes performing safety
audits when necessary and stressing the importance of safety to all
* Plans, directs and prioritizes elevator repairs and modernization
including manpower needs; utilizes project management software and
other scheduling tools.
* Uses accounting reports and programs to review job status to
identify risk and opportunity. This includes properly reporting
fade issues prior to revenue.
* Manages jobsites from survey through the completion of the
modernization process documenting and advising on modernization
project progress for work not included. Includes trouble-shooting
problems with mechanics, performing quality audits and meeting with
customers to review progress.
* Manages subcontractor schedule and performance on turn-key
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships with owner,
contractors, elevator consultants, construction firms and
* Reviews and signs off on all bids. Includes attending pre-bid
meetings with construction and modernization sales representatives
and providing technical input to calculate labor and material
* Identifies, reviews and signs off on change orders, purchase
orders, elevator turnover authorizations, accounts receivable,
write-offs, credits and other necessary approvals.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local
elevator industry code requirements.
* Maintains strong familiarity of company Standard Operating
Procedures and products by attending company training classes,
utilizing the SOP document library, and reviewing factory equipment
updates and supplier goods; Interfaces with corporate departments,
including the factory, coordination and labor, and consults with
the Regional Operations Team.
* Mediates and resolves complaints and problems of external and
internal customers. Includes meeting with local business agents to
resolve issues involving union employees.
* Determines what materials need to be ordered for job completion,
and coordinates and arranges for sub-contracting portions of
* Makes weekly crew visits and day one visits to manage safety,
site activities and progress of employees and customer; documenting
* Performs other duties as may be assigned.
* Thorough knowledge of the elevator industry and general
management methods within the elevator industry
* Bachelor's degree (only to be substituted with extensive industry
and management experience); or two years' experience managing on a
branch departmental level; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
* Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
Keywords: TK Elevator, Everett , Operations Manager MOD/Repair, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!