Public Engagement Program Manager
Company: Arch Staffing & Consulting
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Please include a cover letter Job Location : Everett
WashingtonWork Model: Hybrid ( Three times a week)Job
descriptionArch Staffing and Consulting has partnered with a
leading Transport organization in their search for a Public
Engagement Program Manager (Communications Department) role in the
state of Washington.Under general supervision, develops and
oversees comprehensive public engagement plans related to proposed
service changes, service development and other public-impacting
projects; builds and maintains relationships with transit partners
and stakeholder groups; plans and staffs a variety of outreach
events; and assists in development and implementation of social
media, website content and community relations plans to promote
ridership and build community good will. Creates print and
electronic communications for news releases, brochures,
presentations, and other internal or external communication.What's
in it for you?
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits
- Wellness Programs like fitness centers, health club membership
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program including family
- Paid Time Off
- High Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available to
employees and eligible dependents
- Life Insurance Cover and more which are unparalleled in the
industry.What will you be doing?
- Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, manages and
executes the agency's public engagement plans for assigned
projects; develops and implements strategic communications and
engagement plans; and updates tools and plans as necessary
- Leads, coordinates, schedules and reviews the activities of
staff, volunteers and consultants assigned to public engagement
- Serves as project manager for any required public engagement
related to service changes, fare changes and proposals affecting
how the agency serves our riders; evaluates and recommends the most
effective and appropriate strategies and tactics for reaching
intended audiences; coordinates with other departments as needed;
serves as primary point of contact with stakeholder groups and
community members; and creates reports on public input activities.
Hosts public virtual meetings as an official representative of the
agency. Coordinates and participates in public engagement and
outreach activities throughout the Agency's service area.
- Leads the development and maintenance of public engagement
materials, including webpages, social media posts, newsletters,
flyers, fact sheets, rider alerts, surveys, and engagement tracking
tools; works with agency staff and consultants to get materials
produced, updated and distributed.
- Administers and coordinates customer messaging related to
public communications about service changes, policy changes and
changes to how our service affects riders.
- Oversees the development of translation of agency
communications; advises and assists staff on communications for
English language learner (ELL) populations.
- Develops strategies for addressing concerns raised by
stakeholders, community groups or riders that may positively impact
the rider experience, particularly when it comes to equitable
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees related to
agency outreach projects; participates in external work groups when
necessary; meets with stakeholder organizations and community
groups; prepares and presents presentation materials, staff
reports, and other documents as needed; maintains awareness of new
developments in the field of public engagement; and incorporates
new developments/tools as appropriate into programs
- Ensures processes, policies and practices are interpreted and
applied consistently and effectively; and ensures accountability
and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal
laws, agency policies and procedures, rules and regulations.What
will you require?
- Please include a cover letter
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting excellent communication and
project management skills to represent the agency in a strong and
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, public
affairs, business or public administration, English, Marketing or
closely related field.
- Five years' experience working in outreach, customer service,
community relations, or public relations that includes leading
outreach or public relations projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be
considered in place of #2 and 3 above. journalism, marketing or
- Previous experience working with people from diverse racial,
ethnic, identify and socioeconomic backgroundsQualification to
enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Cultural Competency: Inclusive communication strategies that
include but are not limited to representation, cultural competency,
people first language, and an inclusive review process.
- Utilizes our core values of equity and inclusion to analyze the
impact of public engagement outreach to diverse, historically
underserved audiences, to inform and improve use of Community
- Operations, services and activities of a typical public
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Advanced principles and techniques for the preparation and
presentation of written and oral information.
- Principles and techniques for effective presentations to
diverse audiences. Communications and public relations theories,
principles and practices and their application to outreach
- A variety of writing styles, particularly AP Style, including
correct grammar, usage and punctuation.
- Social media principles and website content management.About
Arch Staffing and ConsultingArch is a diverse and global staffing
firm incorporated in 1993. Along with our other divisions, we
employ over 20,000 consultants in 72 offices around the world. Arch
Staffing & Consulting will be the premier global staffing resource
our clients, candidates and colleagues count on. We focus on
finding our candidates their ideal job and we help our clients find
ideal candidates.Arch provides professional and commercial services
for all industries, including information technology, accounting &
finance, administrative, skilled trades, engineering, healthcare
and industrial.Our team has more than 100 years of combined
experience in the staffing industry, and a large network of proven
talent. We have built a culture that attracts and retains the best
talent in the industry. At Arch Staffing, placement is just the
beginning of the process.
Keywords: Arch Staffing & Consulting, Everett , Public Engagement Program Manager, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!