Project Manager I
Company: Granite Construction
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion,
and financial outcome of construction projects up to $15 million in
size. This position would focus on support and execution of
Granite's design build projects in the area.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting
to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to
- Support and/or lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated
and design-build projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project sponsor, and
manager of construction to manage resources to meet project
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of
bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to
develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with large project sponsor, manager of construction
and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up
and successful kick-off.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs
between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and
Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an
efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, quality, costs,
revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners,
agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc.,
providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for
continuous improvement in performance.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to
ensure a safe work environment.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management,
Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work
experience in heavy civil construction.
- Three (3) to five (5) years progressive project experience in
heavy civil environments, design-build preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and
grading in either private or public environments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of construction paving, underground, structures and
- Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational
- Accuracy at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands
to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to
adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working
around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily
- A team player.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will
not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly
from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite,
including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address,
fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to
Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property.
Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or
fees.Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's
recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction
with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to
a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency
that does not have such agreement in place.Agency agreements will
only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources
Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is
authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement
of candidates by Agencies.
Keywords: Granite Construction, Everett , Project Manager I, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!