Area Director of Operations
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Safety - Stability - Supportive Connections Area Director of
Operations in Everett, Washington - Careers at NW Clare's Place
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Area Director of Operations Job Locations
US-WA-Everett Posted Date 1 day ago (3/31/2021 3:08 PM) Job ID
2021-5266 # of Openings 1 Category Hidden (48677) Min USD
$59,404.80/Yr. Overview AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Catholic Housing
Services believes everyone deserves the right to a safe, affordable
place to call home. Inspired by this vision, CHS develops, owns and
manages affordable housing programs for low-income families and
individuals; currently including 2,100 units of housing in 50
different buildings across Western Washington. We provide
supportive services for people who have experienced homelessness,
low-income seniors, farm worker families, and those who have
special physical and mental needs. Catholic Community Services and
Catholic Housing Services work together in partnership to provide
permanent supportive housing to individuals and families who have
experienced homelessness in King, Snohomish and Whatcom Counties.
We believe that everyone deserves a safe, affordable place to call
home. We understand that people experiencing homelessness--come--to
us with complex histories, and that it takes a highly
collaborative, creative team to help end the cycle of homelessness
permanently. Grounded in this philosophy, the CHS Area Director of
Operations provides leadership and vision to a multi-disciplinary
cross-agency team that works together to creatively support each
individual or family in our housing. POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Area
Director of Operations (ADO) is accountable for overseeing and
ensuring the quality of our housing and sound operations of a
portfolio of 4 properties, totaling 197 units, in the NW region of
Western Washington in North Seattle, Lynwood, Everett and
Bellingham. This position will model the CHS mission by providing
leadership that reflects dignity and respect for the permanent
support housing communities. With the exclusivity of managing
permanent support properties this position will have the
opportunity to identify, advocate and inform CHS on how we may
continue to build on supporting the homeless community within and
beyond affordable housing. The Area Director of Operations will
directly manage Clare's Place--Everett and oversee the property
management and maintenance Francis Place-- Bellingham, Sebastian
Place--Lynnwood and Patrick's Place-- Seattle. The Area Director
will directly supervise property management staff (property
managers & maintenance technicians), oversee all aspects of the
operations of this group of4 buildings, promoting housing
stability, sound financial management, is accountable for financial
and key performance indicators, compliance with funder requirements
and long-term planning for building maintenance to ensure residents
are well served by these buildings for many years to come. This
position reports to the Regional Director of Property Operations of
the Permanent Support Housing on status of property management and
operations. Responsibilities Responsibilities: SUPERVISION /
- Provide Direct Supervision for Property Management staff at
- Work collaboratively with Regional Director to ensure policies
and procedures provide the highest quality of housing for
- Provide leadership to staff in the areas of property management
and compliance as well as in the area of supporting and promoting
the mission of the agency and advocacy in the community.
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate the on-site manager of
each property. Promote on-going training and support around best
practices in housing. Ensure attendance at all CCS/CHS mandatory
trainings for site employees. Support the professional growth and
development of staff supervised.
- Promote training and support for employees, and facilitate
regular staff meetings.
- Meet with Property staff regularly to provide support in
serving the special initiatives of the community, while also
monitoring that the program is on track fiscally, in compliance
with all contract obligations, and that the facility is kept in
good repair. RESIDENT RELATIONS
- Mediate landlord/tenant disputes by responding promptly to
inquiries and seeking resolution at the lowest level of
- It is our goal to promote housing stability through strong
eviction prevention methods. Approve issuance of legal notices to
tenants in accordance with Washington State Landlord Tenant Law and
applicable local laws and CHS policy. Participate in CHS's Housing
Retention Team for any proposed housing terminations. PROPERTY
MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE
- Monitor occupancy standards by review of unit turns, including
efficient scheduling and use of vendors.
- Monitor leasing of vacant units and marketing efforts for each
property, including advertising and networking.
- Monitor property operations by using property management
software including tenant ledgers, cash receipts, transactions,
delinquencies, move-ins, move-outs, and month-end reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate income certifications FISCAL
- Assure that annual budgets for property operations are prepared
for each property in accordance with the CHS budget process.
- Monitor and control expenses within the constraints of the
annual budget including monitoring monthly financial statements and
reviewing variances with appropriate Property Accountant and Site
Manager. Ensure programs submit timely billings, reports, write off
bad debt, and process invoices promptly to ensure financial
- Monitor collection of rent and other monies, review bank
deposits; review delinquencies to ensure profitability for each
property. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
- Perform site visit of each property at least once per
- Review/plan long-term maintenance programs for each property
including building systems and other components, building envelope,
etc. with funder(s), the Property Manager, and the Facilities
Director to ensure structural integrity.
- Monitor and track unit turnover and unit service for timeliness
and positive property conditions. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of property management experience in
affordable housing with regulatory restrictions or rent subsidies,
including familiarity tax credit financed properties.
- Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize and follow
through to the completion of tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Strong supervisory skills: hiring, coaching, training and
- Demonstrate attitude, knowledge and skills to deliver and
reinforce the housing first model in the permanent support
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify gaps and systems that bring efficiency and
- Proficiency with computers (especially Windows and MS Office,
Boston Post), and ability to learn property management
- Requires current driver's license, auto insurance, or access to
reliable transportation to be able to visit sites regularly and in
case of emergencies. (Mileage reimbursement provided)
- Successful completion of Certified Occupancy Specialist within
one year of hire or provide certificate of completion.
- Commitment to working within the mission, goals and values of
Catholic Community Services/ Catholic Housing Services.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of best practices
- Must be able to complete background check prior to employment.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Experience in elderly, special needs and/or multi-family
- Experience in housing with resident support services provided
- Experience with MRI and Boston Post Property Management
Software. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this
job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software
Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Everett , Area Director of Operations, Executive , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!