Engineering - Mechanical / Mechanical Design 7
Company: PDS Tech Commercial, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Engineering - Mechanical / Mechanical
Design 7_Non-ClearedSUMMARY Discipline:
- Mechanical Design Engineer - Contractor A successful candidate
will be the engineering representative and participate as a team
member within an Integrated Project Team.
- The individual will be responsible for the engineering details
of new customer introductions, new product development, and/or
sustaining activities that include top level assembly creation in
NX, supporting workflows in Teamcenter, publishing parts lists,
peer review of models ensuring customer requirements are met, to
serve as the overall engineering design focal for their program,
ensure new designs meet cost, weight, and performance targets, and
the troubleshooting of issues related to field data, manufacturing
pickups, and engineering errors.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation of top level assembly models in NX
- Creation of new detailed components and subassemblies
- Creation of new design options for new customer requirements
and following these designs through purchasing, testing, and
- Conduct and supporting internal design reviews
- Support customer meetings as technical focal
- Publish parts lists
- Conducting peer reviews of models and drawings
- Creating design solutions to support change requests
- Updating the weight matrix of their assigned programs
- Understanding new customer requirements and how they can be met
- Coordinates with the integrated product team as the engineering
- -electrical engineers, stress engineers, flammability
engineering, purchasing, operations and program management.
- As requires the candidate will need to support manufacturing,
operations, and testing as needed. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited four-year
college or university and 10+ years related experience and/or
training in product design; or equivalent combination of education
and experience in product design.
- Experience with Airbus single-aisle programs.
- Strong engineering skills including structures, mechanisms,
systems, kinematics, free body diagrams
- Strong ability and proven track record of multitasking by
owning several projects and running them simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to
effectively communicate with ESL engineers.
- Must be able to research and investigate design solutions and
- Must have relevant 3D solid modeling and drafting experience.
NX preferred; Catia, Solidworks or other CAD programs also
- The ability to interpret 2D drawings including a good
understanding of GD&T and perform tolerance stackups.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Word,
- Perform other related duties as required.PREFERRED
- NX (formally Unigraphics)
- Siemens Teamcenter
- Strong engineering skills including mechanisms, kinematics,
kinetics, free body diagrams, and how stresses flow through a
- Experience with commercial Aircraft monuments or other interior
- Experience with Qualification Test Programs for Boeing & Airbus
programs highly desired
- Ability to interact with high levels of internal and external
- Able to make clear and concise customer presentations
- Experience with kaizen workshops or other lean activities
- Experience with updating or authoring standard work and
processesPDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of
the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices
nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech Commercial, Inc., Everett , Engineering - Mechanical / Mechanical Design 7, Engineering , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...