Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus
and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician
We are looking for a motivated mechanic that is eager to learn and
be part of a great team.--
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $29.27/HR Starting wage (NOT flat rate)
- $2,000 Hiring bonus!*
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training and Journeyman Apprenticeship
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- Overtime opportunities
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to obtain class B CDL (company training and testing
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Ability to pass ASE certifications within first 90 days.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
- This is a Union position.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/30/21.
Keywords: First Transit, Everett , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!