Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Po sition: Senior Financial Analyst Schedule: Full-Time, Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Analyst will provide
planning and analysis of all of the financial activities of CHS,
LLC, including the monthly accounting close, quarterly forecast and
annual budget preparation. This position is very dynamic, and given
the entrepreneurial and fast-paced atmosphere of the CHS, LLC
business, the candidate must be able to work independently and
solve problems that have a significant impact to CHS, LLC
financials and its strategic plan. He/She shares responsibility for
the operational effectiveness within the Finance department to
ensure that high-quality financial services are delivered in
accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional
standards. He/She analyzes the financial/economic benefits and cost
impact of new and existing business initiatives. Prepares
recommendations and business models to assist the organization in
improving margin and resource allocation/utilization. Creates a
positive, constructive, and supportive relationship between Finance
and all other departments. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES: The
Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in various aspects of
financial planning, which may include the development of the annual
operating budget and multi-year financial plan, capital expenditure
planning, and new program evaluations.
- Forecast/Close/Budget tasks
- Work independently to adhere to accounting close calendar but
be able to meet multiple concurrent deadlines
- Responsible for monthly financial close, including ownership of
all variance explanations
- Creates robust analytics around financial performance to ensure
accuracy and integrity
- Budget preparation for entire CHS book of business with
variance & FTE Reporting
- Responsible for invoice creation.
- Prepares quarterly and monthly forecasts, including modeling
advanced assumptions at a very detailed level
- Creates and improves upon monthly financial reporting packages
used by executive leadership
- Identifies key financial and non-financial considerations to
assist senior management in making informed decisions
- Project management / Financial Planning
- He/She is the lead operational and strategic business planning
expert and pulls tougher relevant subject experts depending upon
project or analysis, such as implementing a new A/R system or new
- Conducts market analysis by attending conferences to stay up to
date on changes in billing/regulatory compliances (340b)
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive positive financial
results; self-directed and able to take initiative with minimal
- Assists in the development of business plans and sophisticated
financial models to adapt to changes in services or long term
- Communicates in a clear and effective manner while considering
varying perspectives on complex issues
- Other duties as required. EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree,
preferably Finance or Accounting. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED : None. EXPERIENCE: Requires 5 - 8 years of
experience in financial analysis, budgeting, accounting, or
planning function, preferably in a healthcare-related setting.
Experience with cost accounting and decision support systems
required KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Project management skills including familiarity with project
management phases, techniques and tools. PMP certification
- Ability to overcome obstacles and lead projects to a successful
- Ability to translate data into useful information and to
communicate key findings and assumptions in concise fashion to
senior management for decision making purposes.
- Highly analytical thinking with talent for identifying,
scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining work processes.
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence and person and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work and communicate
with all levels in the organization.
- Enjoy working on teams.
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization.
- Knowledge of health care finance and delivery systems preferred
but not required. Associated topics: business systems analyst,
consult, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst,
investment banking, investment fund, law, refine, strategy,
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Everett , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!