Company: Housing Hope
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Housing Hope is an agency which is making a great contribution
to the lives of the needy of Snohomish County. If you want to make
a true difference in the community, working alongside dedicated,
committed and "fun" staff, in a collaborative and caring
environment, then this is the just place for you!Purpose:
The Director of Finance will manage all aspects of the accounting
department and its operations to ensure accurate financial
recordkeeping and reporting, assist the executive team with budget
and forecast preparations, develop and monitor internal control
policies/procedures, and assist with financial risk management.
This includes planning, directing, and coordinating all operational
accounting functions and the supervision of accounting team. As our
needs and business models transform with time, this person will
play a key role in establishing new procedures and approaches that
help maximize value for the agency, and satisfaction for our
customers and co-workers. This position works directly with the
executive team and other members of the leadership team.Essential
- Embrace and encourage team member's creativity, development,
and accountability throughrespect, gratitude, and mentorship
- Provide financial leadership for finance and accounting team by
guiding financial decisions and establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Directs and/or performs all accounting activities, including
management of cash and line of credit.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close in a timely
manner, providing detailed reports to executive team
- Prepares budgets and data analysis, with a view to providing
insight into company operations and driving positive results, as
well as analysis of cost and pricing strategies.
- Manage current and cultivate new relationships with external
brokers, bankers, and other professional administrators, and
provide ongoing banking and accounts oversight
- Manages accounting staff for all accounting functions, to
include recruiting, selecting, training, and monitoring performance
for a staff of 10.
- Support internal teams by creating, maintaining, and developing
new processes to minimize financial risk and subsequent
- Supervises all year end closing and reviews all taxes, W-2's,
W-3's, 1099's and payroll reports.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans
confidential and creates, monitors, and maintains internal controls
to safeguard company assets.
- Provide support and participation in monthly Finance Committee
meetings and Board of Directors meeting.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to
25 lbs. Items that are over 25 lbs. must be lifted, carried,
pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance
(dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed.
- Able to read instructions, communications, and
directions.Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent in accounting,
economics, or finance; or at least eight years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Business operations experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work out complex
- Experience with limited partnerships and subsidiaries
desired.Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Balanced approach to driving results using analytical,
organized, and friendly methods.
- A nimble and flexible mind, able to grasp and process new data
and generate new ideas and strategies and communicate and
collaborate with the management team.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage conflicting
- Able to present information one-on-one and in small group
settings to management and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to
initiate, conduct and navigate difficult conversations with
individuals at all levels.
- Emotionally intelligentWe at Housing Hope embrace and practice
a high standard of diversity and inclusion and strive for equity
for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship,
national origin, veteran status, marital status, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex,
age, status regarding public assistance, or any other basis
protected by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Housing Hope, Everett , Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!